What comes with my subscription?
New workouts updated every 7 to 10 days! Varied in 10, 15, and 30 minute formats. Subscription also includes 55 minute video formats (discontinued).
Varied in style
- Cardio Barre - An energizing, full body workout designed to lengthen and strengthen your entire body. Intermittent cardio bursts will get your heart pumping.
- Restorative Barre - A deliberately paced class designed to replenish and strengthen your entire body. This mindbody approach is ideal for beginners or clients with injuries.
- Abdominal Strength - Targeted movements designed to wake-up your deepest core muscles.
- Full Body Arms - Using light weights or no weights at all, this series works your arms as well as your entire body.
- Self Care Stretching - A mindbody focus helps you target and release overburdened muscles.
- Tips and Tutorials - Targeted cues will help you find your safest and most effective way to move in everyday life and throughout your workouts.
What do I need for class?
- Barre - Ideally, you will use a wall-mounted barre or Bootykicker (discount available here). A sturdy chair or countertop are great alternatives!
- Pilates Air Ball - a 6" to 9” pilates air ball (comes free with your purchase of your Bootykicker).
- Light Weights - 2 to 3 lb. weights are ideal.
- Mat - a yoga mat
- Yoga Block - *Optional* but will occasionally be used to enhance exercises
How can I access Barre at Home?
You can do Barre @Home from anywhere with a WIFI connection! Watch from your desktop, laptop, iPad, iPhone or TV. Please note that low bandwidth will result in lower-quality video presentation.
How often should I do these workouts?
As often as you feel like! However, I recommend trying 3 Workouts per week and building up to more. Remember to give your body a rest at least 1 day per week. Don’t forget to check out my stretching videos. Your body will thank you!
I’ve never done Barre or Pilates before but am very interested in learning. Where do I begin?
I recommend starting with my 45 minute Restorative Barre workout. The pace is a bit slower than Cardio Barre and focuses on technique and proper alignment. Check out my “Neutral Pelvis/Neutral Spine” video to learn how to hold your body correctly when working out.
How often do you typically upload a new video?
Videos will be uploaded every 7 to 10 days. Each week, I will upload a new video varying in length and format.
How do I start my 7-day free trial?
Click on “Start Free Trial". You will be asked to enter your credit card as a placeholder until you decide if you want to join. After the trial, you can decide to continue on with the subscription or cancel. After the 7-day trial, you will be charged the monthly or yearly subscription fee. Memberships will automatically renew.
Can I cancel my monthly subscription at any time?
While we hate to see you leave, you absolutely can cancel your subscription at any time. It’s easy!
Are there any limits to how many times I can repeat the same class?
Definitely not! If you enjoy a particular routine (or find it extra challenging) and want to go through it multiple times - that’s great! Movement repetition is one of the best tools for progress
What is the difference between Barre and Pilates?
My Barre Classes are based on the foundation of the Pilates. The Pilates method is based on mindfulness, breath, including proper, safe and complete muscle control.
Do you offer any information or content outside of this platform?
Can I purchase a subscription for someone else?
Yes! Gift cards are available for purchase with no expiration date.
I LOVE your playlists! Is there a way I can access them outside of class?
Absolutely! You can find my playlists on my Spotify account, bgower123
What should I wear for class?
Whatever you feel most comfortable in. In general, most clients wear leggings/workout pants and a tank top for comfort and ease of movement. Keep in mind -- depending on the class, you will be bending, plié-ing, planking, lying supine (on your back) and prone (on your stomach) so the more flexible the clothing, the better.
What should I wear on my feet?
I recommend going barefoot or in socks for my Barre Classes. Some clients like grip socks to prevent sliding on wood floors or other slippery surfaces. Sneakers are not recommended unless you have arthritis or an injury. Sneakers can “catch” the floor and impede certain movements that require sliding or brushing your feet.
Can I do Barre at Home while pregnant?
Please seek permission from your Physician before beginning my Barre and Pilates classes. As a rule of thumb, it is considered safe to continue on with an exercise routine as long as you started it well before becoming Pregnant.
How soon can I expect results?
If you are looking to feel energized and rejuvenated, then results are immediate. If you are seeking increased strength and muscle tone, results can be felt immediately and seen in up to 2 weeks depending on how often you workout. Take your time, and enjoy the process.
Should I/Can I be doing other training styles at the same time?
Barre is a full body workout so it is perfectly safe and effective to do it on its own and in entirety. However, other recreational exercises such as walking, jogging, skiing, etc. are great compliments to Barre. You may notice you become much stronger at other activities thanks to Barre.